How to log in and update you cell phone information:
- Visit the myDixie website
- Log in with your Dixie I.D. and pin
- Once logged in, click on “Personal Information”
- Under the “Personal Information” tab, click on “Update Address and Phone Information”
- Click on “Current:” under the local address field (note: if you do not already have a local address in our system, you will need to create one by selecting “Local” from the drop-down list next to “Type of Address to Insert,” after which, you will need to click the “Submit” button.)
- Input (or verify) your current local address
- In the phone numbers area, under “Phone Type,” select “Cell Phone” and enter your cell phone number in the appropriate fields
- Finally, click “Submit” to finalize your changes
In addition to the University’s Emergency Notification System, instructions on how to respond to various emergency situations are made available to all employees here. In an emergency, this will be used to broadcast warnings, directions and short messages. The screens, which are located in public areas of all campus buildings, will be used for general information during non-emergencies.
Contact information included in Instant Alert Plus system will be used ONLY for campus emergency notification and will NOT be made available to any other service.
Messages are sent via phone, text and email. Students, faculty and staff phone numbers are in the Instant Alert Plus database pulled from MyDixie accounts. In addition to e-mail and text-messaging, the system also sends notifications over the TV monitors located in all major buildings on campus. These varied systems allow the prompt disclosure of information about crimes on and/or near the campus that may pose an immediate and/or ongoing threat to the University community. All students, faculty and staff are encouraged to sign up to receive emergency notification text messages.
It is the responsibility of the DSU ESA Alert Team to determine the University’s response to an incident when it affects or has the potential to affect the larger campus community (beyond those in the immediate vicinity of the event) and to activate, if appropriate, notification protocols.
In the event a situation arises, either on or off campus, that in the judgment of ESA Alert Team constitutes a serious or continuing threat, a campus-wide “timely warning” will be issued. This “Campus Crime Alert” will be issued using the emergency notification systems. Honeywell Instant Alert Plus is an emergency notification service that enables Dixie State University to notify you quickly about a major emergency on campus and to provide you with information and instructions.
The comprehensive emergency notification system has been implemented in compliance with the Higher Education Act of 1965 as amended.
While the Clery Act mandates timely warnings for Clery crimes only, timely warning will be issued for any crime that is determined to pose a serious or continuing threat to the campus community. They include basic and preventative action that should be taken, if and when possible. Any member of the ESA Alert Team has the authority to issue an alert. Once the alert has been issued, the DSU EAS Alert Team who will continue to communicate and sending out ESA updates target audiences until an all clear is issued.